Heart Health Month
Here are some important points
around cardiovascular health.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States.
- One person dies every 36 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease.
- About 659,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Heart disease costs the United States about $363 billion each year from 2016 to 2017.
This includes the cost of health care services, medicines, and lost productivity due to death.
- In the US, someone has a heart attack every 40 seconds.
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) is the most common type of heart disease, killing 360,900 people in 2019.
- The most common types of heart disease treated at Terros Health are CAD, Hypertension, Cardiac Arrythmias, Hyperlipidemias (High Cholesterol) and other cardiac problems related to metabolic diseases like Diabetes.
Terros Health Nurse Practitioner checking her patients heart beat during a routine visit.
Awareness is key
Pass the word and knowledge to your families, friends and communities about this prevalent and lethal disease
and encourage them to adopt a health living style…and, as always, take care of your whole health!